Read Right Society (RRS), Grace Baptist Church (GBC), and Yale First Nation (YFN) are excited to announce a new project, Swetexl (Swa teh hill) in Hope, BC Funded by the Ministry of Children and Families Child Care Capital Funding to create new childcare spaces across BC.
Swetexl is a Halq’emeylem word meaning rainbow. It is the name given to this creative project, linking three diverse groups through a common vision and mission to:
- Increase access to quality daycare by creating new spaces
- Offer community programs to support all ages
- Work toward reconciliation by building bridges between faith and cultures
The partners envision a safe place for all ages to learn and build community through these co-located services.
● Swetexl is on GBC’s property at 969 3rd Ave., Hope, BC
● Swetexl Common Area is a new location for partners (YFN, GBC, RRS) to offer community programs and services and is in the same building as Swetexl Daycare and Preschool.
● Swetexl Daycare and Preschool is administered and operated by RRS as a social enterprise
● YFN is providing indigenous curriculum support for Swetexl Daycare and Preschool
● Swetexl Daycare and Preschool is Group licensed, offering 37 child spaces.
● Swetexl Daycare and Preschool provides spaces for children ages 12-30 months, 30 months to school age, and preschool.
● Swetexl Daycare and Preschool registration begins April 2018
● Swetexl Daycare and Preschool’s intended opening date is September 2018
For more information contact Swetexl leaders: